Yes in 2012 August 15th, I quit my job (okay a day before, chuckles) and was hoping that I would start something on my own, for 8 months just been thinking what should be my next big thing. In between those days, out of sheer frustration even went and applied for couple of IT jobs – the truth is that, things didn’t go well with me.
Today, when I look back, 6 years just went by – just as when the going gets tough, the tough get going…
What this 6 years taught me or should I say “Life has taught me” is to value people, helping each other, and to grow together. I had my up and downs during these 6 years, but life choose to teach me a lesson.
I was sitting before a dumb box hardly had social life, this has changed now. Here is my priority or should I say how I value in my life, now
- Family – with out them, I am nothing
- Friends – with out them, I wouldn’t be alive. Happiness, Devil’s advocacy, fights and all my inner strength and of course “tough lessons” too.
- Clients who have made me part of their family – with out them, I wouldn’t have survived.
- Clients – with out them, I wouldn’t have been able to feed my family. Some of them have taught me lessons on “patience”, “irony” and “to value my own life and my happiness, irrespective of THE situations”
- Mentors – at different levels, I have the privilege that I made an awesome journey along with them. with out them, I would have been, still a searching soul, trying to understand what is the my purpose of my life and with out them I wouldn’t have stood tall when I fell down.
So if you ask me today, Am I successful in Life – Yes, I am successful, rich in togetherness “family”, rich in friendship and also proud that I have understood the meaning of my life.
P.S: The meaning of “success” may vary from person to person – for some it would be hell a lot of money, again it doesn’t mean that I don’t need it, It means that I value it, but there are much more “Bigger” things I value in Life.
You are allowed to judge me, you can call me by many names and even term as a “LOOSER”. – One thing is clear and evident, I will not allow anyone to ruin my own happiness, my health, my family, my friends and my clients.
May the “Lord” shower the grace upon you too.