My First Mahindra Renault Logan 1.4 GLX service explained and here is the userexperience. Comparison with Maruti Service explained
First things first: I had a loyal Maruti 800 for 4 long years 2003-2007 untill I replaced it with a Mahindra Renault Logan 1.4 GLX 2007.
My first experience with GMS motors | Sahil motors in terms of service.
I had been to the service station personally to drop my Mahindra Renault Logan last Friday the 21st of December 2007, so a gentleman supervisor assisted me, early morning at 9:10 A.M, took careful notes.
My requests were:
- Front left door rattling noise
- Remove the plastic covers for the back seats
- Replace new headlamps black dot stickers
- Remove the reverse horn and not the reverse horn which comes with my remote lock.
- Scratch on the left side doors (check and give me the quote)
Apart from the above list, His suggestions were:
- Anti corrosion coating under the car body ( I stopped him. When he suggested that, as I know that the rubber coating is not gonna do anything good for the car)
- Fully powder coating of the body of car with a scratch resistant formula (comes with a 3 year warranty) cost a mere 3700 and odd Rupees. Item 5 of the above wish list is covered.
- Labour charge of 150 Rupees + tax for just removing the reverse horn. That would be Item no 4 of my wish list.
As far I know there is no oil change in this service and I was not charged for that.
What things got fixed and what not?
- Front door rattling noise not fixed, and the safety latch of the left door got buried. Any ways that safety latch was not of any use, you could still open the door with the safety latch down.
- Our supervisor was holistic, he felt that it was better if I not remove the back seat covers for quiet some time as it is still a new car, his explanations went more like “have it for some more months, kids would tear for you”. What a shame? tell me either you forgot it or your technicians were lazy enough to unlock the rear seats to remove the plastic cover.
- One thing rightly done was to replace the black dots on my headlamps
- The second thing, reverse horn removed and placed in the boot.
- Before doing the scratch painting fix. It was supposed to be tested, after the testing was done, the call said the scratch can fixed. Meanwhile a friend suggested with sticker which would work out cheaper. So I asked them not to fix the scratch.
There happened one evil incident on my Mahindra Renault Logan, While We returned home from shopping the same after service. My wife and son at the back seats. My right side back door could not be opened from inside. So what did happen? know it right here.
Now let us look in to the comparison of Mahindra Renault Logan and Maruti Service centers
My experience at Maruti service center
A profile or service history of my Maruti 800 was already available with the service advisor
A job sheet, which will note the requirements for the service to be done for my car
This job sheet comprises of
- history of previously done KMS
- history of parts changed previously
- Things to do list
- Dents and body parts marked when I leave my car for service ( a diagram of car top view and side view detailed diagram to mark the scratches and dents)
- Accessories contained in my car, which include how many floor mats, Air refresher, dolls, body cover (the plastic one) and what ever minute details which belong to the owner.
- Apart from that the costing proposal, date and time of delivery
- after delivery a customer feedback form to be posted after driving the car (postage will be paid by the addressee)
Now on the Mahindra Renault Logan service center
Job sheet contains
- to do list of service
- date and time of delivery
- ofcourse the customer feedback form before even you pay the service bills and before even you touch the car.
- once nice badge which is attached to the mirror which talks about the names service adviser, technician and the quality inspector. Apart from that I have the mobile number.
At the time of delivery, My experience with the Maruti’s was best when compared with the Mahindra’s.
The first free service was charged 75 Rupees for replacement of odd stuffs + labour charges + tax. Did I say free service.
Some more post which are in continuation with Mahindra Renault Logan
- Why Mahindra Logan, Renault Logan, Dacia Logan?
- Mahindra Logan – Usability Explored
- Is your Mahindra Logan in safe hands – After sales, What service
- Mahindra Logan – Look out for the new version
- Mahindra Renault Logan free service – unveiled
- The Devil in my Mahindra Renault Logan
- Tested on animals – Mahindra Renault Logan