Event: Mahindra Renault Logan Drivathon
Date: 25-12-2007 (Christmas Day)
Venue: YMCA, Nanadhanam, Chennai
It is supposed to be fun rally organized by Mahindra Renault Logan to test the mileage of your Mahindra Renault Logan.
- Do you want to know who where the animals?
- and Who tested on them?
- and Who benefited out of this Mahindra Renault Logan Drivathon?
Before we start, Let us understand on how to test Mileage
- Fill up petrol- full tank
- check the odometer reading
- If you have trip meter, set it Zero
- take a long drive say about 100 and odd KMS, never switch off your car in between your drive (to get good readings)
- Follow the speed limit (45-55 KMS/hour)
- Once you reach 100 and odd KMS, go to next fuel station
- Top up the fuel, to full tank.
- Note the KMS traveled from your odometer, check the trip meter reading
- Note check how much of fuel was needed to have it full tank
- trip meter reading/ top up fuel needed to full tank will give you = Mileage i.e KM per Litre
So what happened at Mahindra Renault Logan Drivathon – car rally
I was there for the event at 8:30 AM at the venue. The event is supposed to start at 9:00AM which didn’t happen, because of the lack of management skills. Flag off happened, after few apologies made by the announcer.
I started to take the drive at 12:09 PM, went to the Fuel station at Venkanarayana Road.
A gentleman approached and said “Sir we will fill the tank full, out of which 5 litres of fuel price will be waived off and the rest you have to pay, Is that fine with you”.
I accepted, this is how they filled the fuel
My odometer readings were noted down and written on the card. My trip meter was made zero. And I started of to the rally.
Most cars had ladies and kids in the car – the best part was that, some car drivers took a break on the road side to take a leak. “What about the ladies and the kids?” What a shame?, Even if they had arranged for some nice place to take a short break for 2 hour long drive, it would have been nice. Well, my family did take a break at the Petrol Pump station at Venkatnarayana road, before the rally started. I realized, so was happy for my family too.
So my trip meter reading said 103 KMS when I was back from Mahabalipuram to Venkatanaraya road Bharat petrol pump station. I was doing between 50 and 60 KMS/hour. I was driving like a monkey as ordered, to execute things as said.
Now the top up started at the pumping station which recorded about 4.155 litres of petrol. So that means 103/4.155 should be my mileage. Which is actually wrong, because the Car fuel indicator says that my petrol tank is still not full. (Check the video)
My mileage is 24.789 KM per litre, WOW, I could believe it. The same car was doing last week, having a mileage of 9 KM per litre
Did you notice the time, which I referred while I entered the pump station 12:09 PM and at what time did I start 12:35 PM and at what time I reached the pump station again 2:59 PM
You want to why the delay
What is explained in the video?
If you noticed the video, I had taken at the time when I reached the YMCA ground, still wondering WHY the fuel indicator is not showing the fuel tank full. So it means that there is enough space to fill up some more fuel to make it full tank. Which most of them didn’t realize.
Now to answer the questions
Do you want to know who where the animals?
there were 100 and odd drivers with their family, driving their cars, following orders and not not having fun on the gracious day Christmas
and Who tested on us?
Mahindra Renault Logan Marketing team
A surprise did happen during the prize distribution ceremony. A owner of Mahindra Renault Logan was agitated and trying to claim for the prize as his car did a 40KM per litre mileage (Diesel version owner)
and Who benefited out of this Mahindra Renault Logan Drivathon?
Can you imagine 100 and odd drivers spending their money to filling up the fuel tank full and driving their own cars and following orders at the mercy of Mahindra Renault Logan team for only one reason to prove that Mahindra Renault can do 33KMs per litre for the petrol version and 37KMs per litre on the Diesel version.
I should say that the marketing guys made little spend by gaining more
- breakfast (bread sandwich and water, if you like it eat it else leave it. That was stance. Hospitality ZERO)
- 5 litres of fuel waived off during full tank session
- lunch (Saravana bhavan – Mini meals)
- and another 4-5 litres of fuel for top up total of 8-9 litres of fuel while including the 5 litre of fuel which was waived off during the full tank session (Petrol or Diesel)
- Spend on venue
- And of course the event management team.
Who are the loser?
- Fuel to fill up the tank
- quality family time on the Christmas day
- apart from that those god damn sponsor stickers from JK tyre and those numbers sticked all over the car. Who is gonna pay to remove that, With out spending money.
Who were the gainers?
Mahindra Renault Logan Marketing team – to make fake mileage result. It is pretty simple I say, you have around 100 odd drivers at your disposal feed them you have the results.
Do you want to know how this Viral Marketing is supposed to work?
Let’s say 100 and odd Mahindra Renault Logan happy customers, who had good mileage experience is about to unfold the secret to all their friends and relatives, well sort of boasting off that their car did give an ultimate mileage.
If you care for fellow car owners please digg this or post a link on your blogs. Atleast the new car owners can be spared.
some related posts regarding Mahindra Renault Logan
Some more post which are in continuation with Mahindra Renault Logan
- How I bought my new Mahindra Renault Logan – space, value for Money- Review
- Why Mahindra Logan, Renault Logan, Dacia Logan?
- Mahindra Logan – Usability Explored
- Is your Mahindra Logan in safe hands – After sales, What service
- Mahindra Logan – Look out for the new version
- Mahindra Renault Logan free service – unveiled
- The Devil in my Mahindra Renault Logan